Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Adult brain can change

I guess it isn't exactly News that adults can still learn new things but it's still interesting to see this confirmed in a study. Check this out.

In quite some places I get the feeling that the will to learn something new is not very strong. Maybe it's because people feel more in control when they do the things they already know BUT then you don't learn anything new. I want to learn new things, do something new because I don't want to spend life on "repeat" mode.
How much do you challenge yourself? I think we can only grow when we do something new on a regular basis. And new things tend to be intimidating in the beginning. We  don't know them and hence we don't control them and don't know how to deal with them. But we can learn new things. So don't be afraid of making mistakes, that is part of the learning process.