Monday, September 13, 2010

Too many options

What do you do when you have many, maybe too many, options and a hard time to decide what to do? Whatever strategy you come up with it is important that you don't forget to act.
Depending on the situation you might need more or less time to make up your mind and that is fine. I consider it important though that I can make up my mind as quickly as the situation allows and that I don't get stopped because I'm afraid to make the wrong decision. In most cases I learn the lesson from the wrong decision quickly and there is time to do something against it. Versus when a decision and hence the action is delayed, valuable time is lost. Think hard and act swiftly!  Yes, you can and will make wrong decisions but you learn from them and that will help you grow. Don't get me wrong I'm not recommending to decide everything on the spot without thinking. I recommend to lose your fear to make any decisions because you might make the wrong decision. We want to change things, make them better and along the way we will make mistakes. That is ok! Learn quick and don't be afraid of mistakes.